Joe Celso (Owner / Crossfit Level 2 Trainer)
Joe Celso grew up a “315er” with a passion for motocross and football. Having finished with football – while working on his undergrad at UB, he concluded the workouts in bodybuilding magazines really only made his chest bigger and did absolutely nothing to help him ride his dirtbike. It was at that point he began experimenting… creating and testing workouts to improve his own level of fitness. While he found success, he knew there “chinks in the armor.” In the spring of 2006 a former Marine suggested he look at CrossFit and upon reading the philosophy Joe KNEW he was on to something good. Unable to find anyone locally to help him learn the movements, Joe went to CrossFit Atlanta to learn from the man himself – CrossFit founder, Greg Glassman.
Since that time, Joe has….
- Attended a second CF Level 1 Cert as a Level 2 (ver 1.0) – Boston, MA 2006
- Opened the first CF Affiliate gym in the Rochester area (153rd in the world)
- Attended C J Stockel Olympic Weightlifting Seminar – Atlanta 2007
- Attended a third CF Level 1 Cert as as Level 2 (Ver 2.0) – Toronto, ON 2007
- Attended the CF Olympic Lifting Cert – Orlando, FL 2008
- Attended the CF Kids Cert – San Diego, CA 2008
- Attended the CF Nutrition Cert – Havelock, NC 2008
- Attended CF Endurance Cert – Brandon, FL 2009
- Passed the CF Level 2 Cert (Ver 3.0) – Union City, CA 2009
- Obtained USAW Sports Performance Coaching Certification – Victor, NY 2009
- Attended the CF Science Cert – Ft Worth, TX 2009
- Passed the CF Level 1 Exam – Miami, FL 2010
- Attended the CF Mobility Cert – Toronto, ON 2010
- Interned at CF Level 1 Cert – Toronto, ON 2010
- Attended CF Endurance Cert – Rochester, NY 2011
- Attended CF Football Cert – Toronto, ON 2011
- Attended CF Gymnastics Cert – St Petersburg, FL 2012
- Attended CF Strongman Cert – Rochester, NY 2012
Joe’s enthusiasm for and commitment to a higher level of fitness training have yielded life altering results for a great number of people and spawned a healthy CrossFit community in the Rochester area.
Julie Melnik (Crossfit Level 1 Certified)
Julie Bell is originally from Deerfield, MA and is currently living in Fairport with her two sons. She received a BA in Management from Simmons College, Boston in 1994.
Julie grew up doing gymnastics and playing field hockey. She completed the 2006 Marine Corps Marathon, the 2008 Rock ‘n Roll Marathon and several half marathons. She has also coached soccer for The Pittsford Mustangs. Julie has a strong interest in diet and nutrition after being diagnosed with Celiac’s Disease in 2008.
Julie has been at CrossFit Rochester since October 2008. She received her CrossFit Level 1 Certification in August of 2010, CrossFit Endurance Certification in May 2011 and attended the Coaches Prep Course in August 2011. In 2012 she obtained her CrossFit Kids in May and attended the CrossFit Strongman Certification in June.
Erin DiVincenzo (CrossFit Level 1 Certified)
Erin grew up in Massachusetts — back when the “three-sport athlete” was the norm — and captained her high school soccer, basketball and track teams. She attended Harvard University where she played basketball and captained the women’s track and field team. Her specialties were hurdles, high jump, and triple jump. (She also reluctantly ran the 1600-meter relay.) As a six-foot high jumper she earned All-American honors and was also awarded the Radcliffe Prize as the outstanding female athlete of her class.
Fast forward to real life: three kids, a career, husband and life in Fairport, New York. Seeking fitness and competition she joined gyms, tried paddle tennis, golf, 5K road racing, horse back riding, bike riding… you get the idea. Nothing quite provided the variety, camaraderie or competitive atmosphere she sought.
One workout at Crossfit Rochester changed all that. Erin joined in November 2008, and earned her Crossfit Level One Certification in August 2010. She was a member of the Crossfit Rochester team that competed at the Northeast Regionals of the 2011 CrossFit Games.
Chris Lenzi (CrossFit Level 1 Certified)
Greece, NY native Chris Lenzi grew up playing various sports (football,baseball,hockey) but his passion for motocross opened a door for his career. He attended MCC where he earned his AAS in Mechanical Technology, and a BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology from RIT in 2009. Lenzi has a knack for pushing people to their limits – in a good way. Lenzi is a motivator. Chris started crossfitting in 2007 as a way to stay in shape for motocross. Since that time he has made tremendous strides in strength, stamina and in overcoming racing related injuries. Always setting an example in terms of work ethic and intensity, Lenzi received his CrossFit Level 1 Certification in November of 2011 and attended the Strongman Certification in June 2012.